Sunday, March 29, 2015

A Kid in King Arthur's Court




This week we watched A Kid in King Arthur's Court, a fun time traveling movie! 


I remember watching this movie when I was younger and just loving everything about it - the clothes, the horses, the sword fights, the way people spoke, and of course, the castle. The story is pretty random - why does this random baseball player fall through the ground and into the 6th century? But who doesn't love the funny faces the old knights make when Calvin plays them music from the 90's? And my favorite part is when the older princess Sarah, played by a young Kate Winslet, reveals herself as the Black Knight and wins her own hand in marriage. I wonder if she and Princess Merida would have gotten along... 

Apparently 2 years later a sequel to this movie was made "A Kid in Aladdin's Palace" but Disney was not involved with it. I've never seen it but I wouldn't mind checking it out some day after I'm finished with the Disney movies. 

The Kid and I took inspiration from this movie by building our castle tent and pretending to be knights. The Kid has a collection of plastic swords and shields that came in handy for this activity! 






No comments:

Post a Comment