Sunday, September 13, 2015

Amy



The next movie on our list is called Amy. I watched this one alone but thought it was very moving! I don't think it is one my little guy would sit still for, though. 


The movie was about a woman who leaves her rich lifestyle and husband to teach poor deaf kids how to speak. Then she has her kids play football against a team from another school and I'm sure you can guess who wins. I found the movie emotional and a lot better than I was expecting. I have also been wanting to learn ASL for a while now, especially after watching Switched at Birth on ABC Family. 

We didn't really use the movie as inspiration to start school - I'm sure every kid is doing this activity right now - but it was a significant day for the kid. He is starting at a new school and learning new rules and all sorts of crazy things they teach kindergartners these days, much like Amy does in the movie. 


Have a great school year, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment